Bring on 2022.
At one point in time we have all thought about committing to a New Year Resolution. However, when the New Year rolls around, and new challenges crop up, those resolutions tend to be pushed to the side.
And more often than not, we don’t establish a plan in order to achieve and stick to those resolutions, or the resolutions are just not realistic.
So, how do you stick to your goals or resolutions for 2022?
Establish a purpose for the year. Do you want a promotion? Lose weight? Make healthier choices? Or start a YouTube channel…? 😉
Keep a diary and/or white board to write down the steps that it will take. This will not only establish accountability; it will keep you focused on what you need to do each day.
Decide on completing one new goal a month –
- Sticking to a workout schedule. Check out Youtube for all the workouts available.
- Committing to cooking healthy meals 2-3 times a week.
- 2-3 nights without alcohol.
- Pick 1-4 foods to regularly incorporate into the diet
- Take up a hobby you know you can stick to – gardening, reading, reviewing, cooking, making videos, kickboxing, or something else.
The key to sticking to goals or resolutions is to take small steps. Once you have achieved one step, you will be more motivated to continue. And keeping a diary or journal to track that progress let’s you know just how much you have actually accomplished!
My New Year Resolution? I have started a YouTube channel. You can check out the video for this post here